Fans of Star Trek series can recollect the Enterprise recognizing voice commands from Captain James Kirk and Dr. Spock or performing retinal scans and face recognition, that was a glimpse into the future. In the 60s, face recognition technology was limited to the realm of science fiction and TV series like Star Trek, but today it is going mainstream.
Most organizations these days are using online attendance management systems to help them manage employee attendance efficiently. One of ZingHR’s disruptive innovation is the Face Recognition technology, that is enabled for employees on the move, beating the traditional challenges of real-time attendance tracking. With a GPS enabled time tracking system, Face Recognition is the smartest, mobile-centric, employee-friendly way of marking attendance.
Top benefits of adopting Face Recognition Technology:
- Enabled for specific situations and multiple locations
- Identity access processes are auto approved
- Real-time field sales force members availability at specific locations in beat root plans.
- Auto attendance management linked to compulsory presence in locations/plants
- Eliminate biometric fingerprint with a far more accurate face recognition based identity management system
- Auto-identify and tag employees across multiple authorized locations/plants/site etc. to achieve auto compliance
Organizations can now collect real-time data with 95% accuracy and reduce the excessive hardware costs across locations for attendance tracking. ZingHR’s Face Recognition technology can detect and identify multiple faces at once!
For any organization an attendance management system can be quite beneficial and help in proper functioning. Employees are the most valuable asset any company has and such type of system helps in keeping note of productivity employees are able to achieve. Let us now look at the benefits and features of these systems.
Benefits of Attendance System
- There is no risk of manual errors in tracking attendance.
- Employees can view their attendance details as well as leave summary.
- It helps in increasing productivity since employee time is saved and reduces staffing overhead.
- Increases employee satisfaction since employees are assured to timely paychecks and accuracy of attendance calculation
- The system helps in reducing time theft and payroll errors as well as improves performance of employees.
- It increases employee engagement which in turn makes them contribute more towards accomplishment of goals of the company. Thus, overall company culture improves and employees work enthusiastically.
- It also helps in improving regulatory compliance since data collected makes sure that necessary information is available as poof of attendance of your employees.
Features of Attendance System
- Define holidays.
- Set up minimum working hours for full day or half day work and late comers.
- Management can easily find out the in-time as well as out-time for any employee and the total hours worked.
- Easy customization makes sure that things can be changed as per your organization’s requirements.
- You can also set up shift details as well as import data for attendance into the system.
- Permissions can be set for viewing attendance reports. As for example, reporting managers can have access to reports of the team whereas administrators would have access to everyone’s report.
- An attendance management system also provides graphical charts which make it easy to view the employees present on any day and those who are on leave or absent.
- Reports can be generated on daily basis for individual employees as well as on the basis of departments.
- The reports can also be exported into Excel format to be used for other purposes.
- These systems let you choose from multiple attendance punching options such as biometrics or password system.
- You can also easily view the reports for daily worked hours as well as the overtime reports which can be helpful in taking managerial decisions.
There are times in a company when employees work more than they are expected too, there are other times when some employees do not give in their hundred percent, it is in such varied instances that a system or a standard comes in handy. When a single parameter is set for the HR to judge the employees, it ensures a harmonious working condition and makes for a fair organizational practice.
The sort of a system in a business organization may be brought about with the help of employee attendance software. The software helps in keeping track of how many days of the month the employees of a company have attended and for how many hours the people have worked.
There are a whole lot of advantages in the use of the system. The most important advantage is that the salary processing, which depends on the attendance of employees, becomes easier with the help of the software. It also becomes easier to gauge which employees work the hardest and which ones need to be perked up, this goes a long way in establishing a review about the employees and helps in the times of appraisal meets. The employee attendance software also ensures that the employees maintain a discipline and follow office timings strictly, making for a more professional environment around the office.
The software is a tool for the business owners and the HR staff to be able to keep track of how the employees follow the rules of the office and helps them maintain an unbiased and tamper proof record of the attendance of the people that work for the company.
The use of technology in the current times is inevitable for any given field of life. This goes to show that the use of technology in the form of software systems makes for the most viable option for those business houses that are on their way up to the top.
Big organizations as well as small ones, every company has to have employees for different purposes so that the working of the business goes smoothly. Since people come from varied backgrounds and have different personal needs, it is possible that a lot of employees have to go on leaves and have to miss work due to that.
Taking leave is not a very big problem, however, a lot of companies have leave policies and rules, which means that a person may be granted leaves only for a specified number of days per year and when he or she exceeds that number, the salary paid to the employee needs to be cut according to the leaves taken. The process is a complex one and that is why it is important that the people who are responsible for the tracking of attendance and leaves have an attendance management system software which aids in maintaining accuracy in the job and the keeping the track does not become a difficult job.
The working of the system ensures that the employees punch in their reporting as well as leaving timings every day. This sort of a system helps in knowing about anyone who may not have reported to work, which automatically gets registered in the software and helps in identifying exactly how many days a particular employee has attended work. In the case when an employee takes an unpaid leave, the authorities may be able to take the necessary action.
Tracking attendance in an organization may be a major hassles for the HR team, but with the help of a simple yet resourceful attendance software, one may easily be able to check how many days of work have been attended by any employee and the particulars of the employee who has taken leaves.
When working in a professional organization, every detail or action of the employees as well employers is accountable. This means that attendance of employees must be tracked efficiently and the HR must keep close watch on the leave taking trends of the staff so that the business may not get affected adversely by the actions of the employees.
With the technology advancing at lightning speed and time becoming a major constraint, most jobs that were conventionally done manually are now being shifted to the virtual world. One of those jobs is the calculation of time and days put in by an employee on job. This was a system that was done by writing down manually and then signing in by the employees in order to prove its worth.
However, as times are becoming modern and most things are handles with the help of machines or software, the practice of keeping time and attendance is done by means of biometric or card swipe machines making it a more accurate and reliable process as compared to the manual procedure. The time attendance software is a program that is fed into a computer and is operated in sync with a physical machine that records the in-time and out-time of each employee as they enter.
This sort of an automatic system is helpful for those companies which work in shifts or have a lot of employees. The attendance management system software takes down the time of the entry of the employees and transfers the data to a program which may then be used by the HR department or the payroll department of the company, to keep track of the timings of the people who work for them. The time attendance software is extremely useful when the salaries of the employees need to be calculated. The reason for this is that not only does the software help in keeping track of employees who report to office, but also keeps a track of the people who need to go on site or need to be on field to carry out their jobs. Such a system is a boon for the people who have to keep track of the time period for which the employees have been on job. The software also helps in motivating the employees to report on time and to remain at work until the office time is up.
Automation in calculation and keeping track of the hours put in by employees, leaves scope for the people in charge to be able to channelize their efforts into more useful tasks. The program also helps the employees in maintaining a clean record, because of the quality of the software to be free of errors.
When you want to automate systems and bring a modern revolution in your office, start with the time and attendance software to automatically bring things to order and bring down manual efforts, in turn cutting down the risk of calculation mistakes.