6 Quick Tips To Improve Employee Engagement Today
An HR department plays a crucial role when it comes to managing the most valuable asset of a company – the employees. An HR is the go-to department when it comes to recruiting, training, communicating policies, managing a good work environment and many other important functions.
Slowly, the companies are moving towards technological help to automate maximum processes within the company to allow employees to work in a better and more informed fashion. Modern HR solutions are taking all their processes on cloud, and creating a single platform which is accessible to both the employee and employer. This online platform is helping reduce the paper work by providing a solution of filling up forms online and using electronic signatures thus simplifying the entire documentation process. Various top companies in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune in India have already adapted the online Human Resource Management system and have achieved remarkable results with it.
The Online HR solution also helps to improve employee engagement in certain ways:
- Recruiting: Hiring is not a just a function of HR, other departments also have a say in this decision making. An online platform helps to keep everyone in the loop and allows companies to use tools to schedule interviews, provide online assessments and reviews of the interviewees
- Training: Companies can empower new and existing employees with e-learning. An online training calendar can be used to organize workshops and seminars for upgrading their skills. This platform can also be used for online tests and surveys to help companies understand the employees’ requirement and needs
- Building Company Culture: Having a defined company culture is an essential factor for companies. Irrespective of the size of the company, promoting shared values and company culture is a good way to create employee engagement and building a community. An online HR solution, can allow your employees to boost morale and enhance positive environment of the co-workers by nominating them for a job well-done on an employee recognition application. This helps to promote company values while developing a good work-relation among the employees
- Payroll: Employees get complete transparency regarding their payroll information. Having access to it on their fingertips allows them to manage their payroll data, view statement history, check their earnings, incentives, significant purchases and many other things. Keeping employees informed with the payroll system also helps to keep them motivated
- Time and Attendance: Online scheduling and keeping all data up to date has never been easier. The ability to track time through online HR solution, connected through any device be it desktop, tablet or smartphones, makes it easier for full-time and part-time employees to easily keep track of their working hours. Employees on senior position can calculate budgets based on previously uploaded data, employees can manage their schedules and this information is directly linked with the payroll to make the overall process simplified
- Benefits: Making sure all employees have enrolled for the benefits provided by the company can be a very daunting task for HR professionals. A cloud based system makes this easy by allowing the HR department to track employees who have filled in the online forms and who haven’t. Enrolling for these benefits is also made simple for the employees. It also makes it easier for employees to compare the benefit plans, obtain all information about it online and stay updated with the changes to the policies
Secure employee data, available on a single platform, allows the company to review everything at a single glance and thus helps make better business decisions. Also giving the employees an access to this, can keep them informed about everything going on in the company, thus improving employee engagement.